Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ships in the Night

Some bloggers live within a few hours drive of me in another state.  I have actually driven by the hometown of one several times and never seemed to be able to detour and stop in for a visit!  I know I would find her at a scrabble table in the local hangout or dancing in the local pub.

Anyway, last summer I was hiking and photographing exactly where she and her husband had been this recent month and for some reason that struck a chord with me.  There is not a great deal of coincidence to this, but it does seem as if we are ships that pass in the night on this planet and except for blogging we would never know.

Below photos, sharing for her interest mostly, but hoping my other readers enjoy this place.  Peaks of Otter - the mountain in the distance.  As you can see, it was late summer.



This is one of the bridges leading to a walk around the lake.

Above is my grandson leading to the hike up to the PEAKS!  It was no small walk for this old lady and many moments for heart attacks with little ones.


And here is my family up above looking back at the lodge where we had eaten lunch!  Does this look familiar, Colleen?

Update!  This mountain climb was begun with a bus ride up to near the top and the last part of the climb, no small effort, was what we actually did!!

11 comments:

  1. When you look down in the valley, I can see that you had a good climb. Beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spot.. and an ambitious hike. Your grandson is a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a view...
    and its cool the connections we have made that we never would have otherwise you know...i have met up with about 13 or so blog friends at this point...maybe more...its always a pleasant surprise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a climb worth making! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes. It takes me back and makes me want to go back. I think I will take the bus up to the peaks and just hike that last mile or so. Maybe see some birds?

    Sometime I think meeting up might be like risking a good friendship with a marriage! But I would risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know these lovely views, have made that hike a few times. I'd love to meet you too if you make it into Floyd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. I see that red hair. Did she get your red hair? It's beautiful!

    Photos are breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a distance for you and your offsping. A lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a gorgeous place! How wonderful to be able to have this fun time with your adorable grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your header is gorgeous -- stunning! Your previous birdhouse header was charming. I am always impressed by your photography. -- barbara -- FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that area is so stunningly beautiful. What a marvelous time you all had together even if you panted a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.