Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Painting a Walk

My world in winter can be damp and gray and dank and cold.  Yesterday it rained all day.  Today the fog hangs thick and close in the yard.  I took a neighborhood walk two days ago and today I spend the hours ignoring the outside and re-painted what I saw digitally to create my own little fairy land.  What do  you think?


I had to trespass on a vacant lot to get this photo of a nearby marsh above.


I made it into a blurry painting because it was already a little blurry.


This was a photo of ornamental grasses planted outside a nearby millionaires lovely, but all too often vacant, home.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are gorgeous! The top one is my favorite but they are all so beautiful.

    It has been gray for days here. I can't remember the last time we saw the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to colour in the grey and dark. I must try that with some of my own photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed. this really changes things. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the way to brighten up a gray walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gray hasn't settled in here quite yet, but it's coming. After several days of it, i can understand the craving to paint your world brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the painting adds a bit of that magic with the glittery bright colors.....pretty grey here...it could def use some color...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like these a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting art work. I especially like the ornamental grasses. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures and I love the way you painted the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.