Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Emeralds


Much like jewels these shoots of clover which grow wildly in my kaffir lime tree pot, like a green bubble carpet below the trunk, really scream a kelly emerald when the morning sun hits them just right. They are growing better than my lime tree!  They fit in with my faddish love of most everything Irish this year.  They are more than a month ahead of St. Patrick's Day and with my travel for some warmer weather before that time, it will be interesting to see if they can survive some neglect.

9 comments:

  1. the clover grows great in my yard as well...ha....lime tree....we used to have a lime tree in florida...loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A soft collection, cheers Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing to see in January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see the green even if you are going away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting photo. I am trying to spot some four leaf clovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. clover has come up in huge mounds all over the acre and a half that the shop sits on. it's very pretty. it will probably be blooming from all that neglect when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! We have clover all over, and when the weather is warm enough, honey bees. It always makes me sad when we have to mow the lawn and cut the clover flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An astonishing green. Clover is pretty hardy, needs a little water though.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.