Saturday, September 24, 2016

Little Green Guys

I had a volunteer parsley plant appear in one of my pots this spring.  I kept forgetting to harvest to add to my meals and then I went out last week and saw this.



I counted twenty little green black zebra swallowtail caterpillars.  They were hugely busy.  

Then as the plant became more decimated some of the little green guys moved on elsewhere to find shelter for their cocoons, I guess, unless a bird or two picked them off.


They left behind lots of little green peas of poop, which probably are pretty good for that potting soil!

10 comments:

  1. THey are very pretty for a caterpillar. Proof again that if you plant it, they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to plant some parsley just for the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caterpillar flash mob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what volunteers to grow in a garden, some critter will volunteer to eat it. Lovely little caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did a number on that volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handsome looking caterpillars! I guess on the green plant they are camouhflaged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well easy come, easy go as far as that parsley is concerned. What a treat to have these beauties guesting over.

    I don't get around to blog visits all that often anymore. I so appreciate that you still stop by with such encouraging words. You're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As pretty as they are I have to say they give me the creeps. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this Tabor, love every single word and capture. Spiders are delightful creatures, and they keep my roses healthy and pest free.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.