Sunday, September 17, 2017

Rooms Without Walls in the City

A healthy society needs lots of green space for its people. Green space to rest the eyes, green space to rest the weary body, green space to rest the tired ears, and green to rest the soul. Most cities accept and promote this sanctuary for its citizens. Below are two photo-paintings I created of the area outside the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Nederlands.  Perhaps inspired a bit by the art inside?






After all, if the leaders did not see the importance of letting in the natural world where could people fall in love?

10 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some areas the native habitat has disappeared very long ago. One scientist says what we have now has become native habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I especially like the bike picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need more of such spaces where i am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 PM

    I totally agree. I think urban planners are starting to get it. I hope so, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved pictures of people sitting in the grass. It was something I thought romantic and serene...until I tried it. Yuk...bugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very fun. Looking back on several of your posts of late. As always, love the flora and the fauna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more time goes on, the more revitalizing I find green spaces, trees and nature. It was wonderful being in some entirely natural environments in Ireland recently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were there a year ago! Nice art you created!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.