Saturday, November 04, 2017

Just a Tree

When I bought and planted this sugar maple tree, I was told that the climate warming changes to my state meant that the tree would really struggle as the winters became less lengthy...and perhaps less cold.  I was told this was not the place to plant such a northern tree.  I did not care because I just love how this pioneer catches fire each and every fall never failing to warm my soul.

Please note that the colors in these photos are what the camera was able to capture with no color boost!




13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! No need to boost those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are gorgeous and just look at that blue sky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    I think trees are more adaptable than science is presently giving them credit for. If they have to adjust to warmer temperature changes in the north, then it makes sense they'll also do it father south, but not too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful when you plant something small and end up enjoying it so much. the colours ...wow.... incredible

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can se why you wanted this tree . Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was certainly worth planting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular! I always think of southern trees growing further north than normal. You've given me the reverse of that too. Never thought of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your northern tree appears to be very happy in your garden. It is no doubt a beautiful addition in all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just simply wonderful color saturation...over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful, for you, it must have a secret, fine and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love those colorful red maples in the fall and miss seeing them here in So Cal. — spectacular photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors there are way better than happened here, even with the Maples¡

    So glad the earthquake reported on odaat has your Hubby n his pal OK! I knew a guy who got his black belt at 99years old!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.