Wednesday, November 22, 2017

That Time of Year

We are easing into that time of year for the fall and winter holidays. Strenuous for some and a celebration of joy for others. I have little work to do this year other than shop for gifts. Thanksgiving is being done mostly by others.  My expectations are low which is a peaceful place to be.  So, I am going to go to my happy place and enjoy the wonderful fall weather we are having and select a blessing each time I snap the shutter.


I am blessed to have the time to follow the birds and plants and their changes on this land as they head down for a long winter's sleep or at the very least slowing down.


I am blessed that the rain this year has come at all the right times and pretty much in the right amounts.


I am blessed to be where I am and still be able to reach the river down the small hill when I want.  I am blessed to still be able to get in and out of a canoe.


I am blessed to have these giant oak trees as friends that put on such a show throughout the year.


And I am blessed to have to rare hawk stop buy to shop for food.  Have a peaceful and healthy Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

  1. Peace to you this Thanksgiving, Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Thanksgiving. Very descriptive of the life you are thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like you are going to have a beautiful time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just about the same blessings. except for the rain part. we could use a little more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to You & Yours Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are indeed very blessed! Nice colors there too!
    Much to be thankful for there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are blessed indeed, what lovely surroundings you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful trees, golden brown.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.