Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A Certain Warm Frostiness

We sit and wait. That is what old people do. We wait for the snow. It will only be an inch or at the most two. But it is a highlight of our day. Or night...it comes in tonight. As I was waiting, I realized that I had not posted a good chunk of the photos from our last (second) snowfall. So, I will give you some weather. Make some tea or coffee and put your feet up and pull that quilt over the extremities and dream.


This photo above is what it looks like from the main road as you see my house, except it is hidden.  The cage to the right protects a hybrid of an American Chestnut that my husband is sheltering from the dear who seem to think that this seedling is perfect for removing the velvet from their antlers!

 
This is the idleness of the dock waiting for spring and canoeing, crabbing and if the winter is not too awful, harvesting some oysters.


I had left the house early and surprised this fox who was not sure whether I was plant or animal.  I had on my camouflage jacket and black pants, the wrong lens, but did not move as I snapped.


Then right behind came the mate, but this one was even more confused as he /she ran toward me and did not turn until the last minute to cross the road.

It was a perfect frosty morning and maybe tomorrow will bring me another. 

12 comments:

  1. You make winter look attractive, Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty when you are mostly inside, snug and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While there are many detriments to snowfall, the blessing is the beauty it leaves behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is great when you have no place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also sit and wait for our meals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been fun to capture the fox. Also, I always find it most interesting when I see winter at a boat dock. Makes me want to declare winter over and shed my shoes. While to get yet, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty to look at. nice surprise with the foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed those photos, the dock is lovely. Great fox encounter! Wonder what was going on in that foxy little brain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got to see a coyote carefully walking across my open field and before I could get my camera, the dogs ran the intruder off. We are snow bound and I am thinking about moving again. As soon as the sun is out I will be happy and desiring to stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very behind in reading you, in seeing your images. I apologize. What wonderful but cold views you have. Not even a skunk smell here. This could easily be a wonderful story book for small children.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.