Wednesday, July 06, 2016

We Are In This Together

It was an unusually warm day just south of Anchorage, Alaska.  We had only been there a day and decided to visit a conservation area to see the animals in a safe environment before we saw them in the wild.  As I said, it was warm...


 I almost missed this guy in the low 70 degree heat...removed my jacket and then walked around to the front of the log cabin but could not get him to smile.

 A grizzly cooling his tummy on the muddy earth does not seem as intimidating as they truly are.

8 comments:

  1. I'd use a high power lense from a very long distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, and i agree with Joeh about keeping my distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're very impressive beasts. You're braver than I am or else you have very good lens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, pretty brave to hang out for that photo. But, what an incredible shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping that you were shooting through a hole is a very strong enclosure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This teddy bear was behind a pretty strong fence and I was shooting through the hole in the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, I love those critters but from a great distance. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. even bears need to cool off! amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.