Thursday, September 12, 2019

Mellow Yellow

I posted recently about social color challenges on my other blog. This post is a different take on the color yellow. Fall is always a mellow goodbye.  The tulip trees are the first to begin their packing.



Fall is also the time for those wonderful flowers that take so very long to bloom.  They also are yellow.



Fall is the very final bloom of that wonderful plant that provides so much sustenance to our birds building their fat for the colder days and nights.

8 comments:

  1. the only yellow in my yard right now is the flowering senna which is on the tail end of it's blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t have any yellows in the garden now but I look forward to the trees turning in the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow is not my favorite color for most things, but there are beautiful exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donavan's song "Yellow Yellow" was about getting high from smoking scrapings of a banana peal. It didn't work!

    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DOnavan's song, Mellow Yello"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how in England it is yellow that starts the year. Primroses, cowslips, daffodils and then the yellow massed dandelions that cover the verges of the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like writing poems about flowers. No gardens! Don't like getting my hands dirty although friends tell me mud and mush can be very therapeutic. I will take their word for it.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.