Sunday, December 27, 2020

They Came in January Last Year

Their lights are bright  and bold
While the season is bitter cold
Yet even the colors can warm
And they are there but do no harm


Keep your eyes on the prize
Which is there in another's eyes
If you are a robin early
You can catch the holly berry


This year they came in December and I stood outside in the bitter wind to get photos of what I could when the gusts died down.  ( I know the poem makes no sense but I just finished reading The Cruelest Month and that poet was worse.)


8 comments:

  1. They keep their own calendar, and when instinct says it's time, it's time. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend saw robins three days ago. We usually have a very few robins stay all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep expecting the robins to come and clean off all of the cotoneaster berries, but so far they are not here in our neck of the woods. I can wait. I really like the beauty of the berries along our driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem
    Robins have been known to winter over here, near a building's vents. This year, however, they have been scarce, even during summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem is ok, but the birds and berries are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love your honesty. YOu can always trust someone who is fair and honest. Hope your holidays were good.

      Delete
  6. I saw robins all the time, all year long when I lived in the city. now I live an hour away outside a small town and I have yet to see a single robin in the 10 years we've been here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you will not soon be summoned to the post of Poet Laureate, but the robins are sensational!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.