Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A Famous and Popular Event with Nature

I visited Washington, DC last week to enjoy the cherry blossoms. We picked a Thursday hoping that crowds would be smaller with people at work. It was also a day after heavy rain and the areas where people walked were muddy. Alas, the crowds were there in full force and the rains had knocked only a very few blossoms to the ground. Some of these are digitally painted and others are right out of the camera. I hope you enjoy the visit virtually.  The last photo has a quote from FDR (Franklin Delanor Roosevelt) taken at the FDR memorial.  

13 comments:

  1. How lovely to go see the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty photos
    The quote has truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blossoms and great lace for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible blooms. That’s a wonderful place for a stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this season. And the Washington cherry blossom has specific international meaning, beyond the beauty of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Thank you for helping me visit from 3000 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to see the cherry blossoms but have never had the slightest interest in visiting DC! That conundrum continues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply glorious. The Roosevelt quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, the trees and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to see the cherry trees, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it does.
    What wonderful beauty. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to see the blooming cherry trees.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.