Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Sometimes You Get What You Want (for a moment)

We had been under a mild drought for almost two years when suddenly this fall the skies opened up and we were all caught up in less than a month.

We also have not had any real snow for maybe 6 or 7 years.  We finally got snow earlier this week.  It was about 3/4 of an inch, but we were thrilled.  And to the north of us, kids got to go sledding and build snowmen.  The temperatures were in the low 30s and high 20s Fahrenheit, and I in my elder years could not appreciate that!  I feel it deep in my bones and do not rush outside to take photos like I used to.  (Sadly for me.)  These bird photos are taken through the windows of my house over the last week or so.  The poor Bald Eagle was resting on the osprey nest during a lengthy rain.









Things are winding down as naturally they should both with my stamina and with winter cold.   The rest of the week we will be back to the 50s and 60s...climate change be damned.  But with more rain as well.  


6 comments:

  1. Great photos of the birds. I can imagine how kids love playing in the snow when they see it so rarely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are warmer than we are and you have better birds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get good pics from your own nest, especially photos 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmer I like, summer heat I do not. It happens anyway, doesn't it.

    Your pictures are lovely, even if they are from indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if the eagle is considering the nest for this year's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:04 PM

      They usually nest in our highest pine trees and do not like such open areas.

      Delete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.