Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Spring Real Estate Deals

Things are getting busy. Citrus trees have been moved to the outdoors and the Yellow Rump has discovered them and is helping remove the fungus flies that "blossomed" into crowds of tiny black dots all over my windows.


Not exactly a feast out here!


Over Christmas there was the gift of a bluebird house that attaches to a window---an experiment where I have taped some black construction paper on the inside---that the Blue Birds are now checking out in the daytime.  They chatter for hours on end.


"I tell you, Margaret, they are NOT leaving!"

They are confused by the other interested shoppers (reflections of themselves) and they are leaving calling cards all over my windowsills!!


The male is in his mating beauty.

I have come to the conclusion that house shopping is as difficult and stressful for birds as it is for people!

10 comments:

  1. Such a perfect view you have! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the pair move in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did your property tax go up with that addition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joeh, I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful. I have birdhouses scattered all over. some get used, some don't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've put out a bird feeder but don't get the same level of enthusiasm from the birds as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, and all sorts of ugly things can happen to a new home too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, i hope they decide to stay in spite of the other interested parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's more complicated for birds as sex is involved as well as choosing a house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you can watch bluebirds up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.