Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Moving and Shaking

As I posted recently, the buffleheads are now in the river. I can catch their soft white cheeks in the early morning sun. Many of the geese have returned for the winter. Thousands of starlings cruised through last night completing a marvelous ballet in the skies before moving on to greener pastures south. A robin, usually the sign of spring in these parts, appeared in a tree one mid-morning. He just sat there looking about for some time. Then he ventured into the heated birdbath. The temperature outside was very low 40sF.




An hour or less later a dozen of his pals showed up. Maybe he was the forward scout?

8 comments:

  1. I heard the parrots for the first time this week. A few crows dot the sky too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our bird population has not recovered since Harvey. the chickadees and titmice seem particularly absent. we had robins in the yard year round when we lived in the city but I haven't seen a single one out here in the country only an hour away from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I live in Alberta, we have some robins all winter. they're tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Canada geese are here,they know what's coming.

    messymimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure they appreciated a warm bath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Robin happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somfewer birds here than I recal years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.