Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Up at 5:00 A.M.

We got up at 5:00 A.M. last week and that was on purpose. I cannot remember the last time I was up so early unless it was to catch a plane a century ago when we caught those flights to other parts of the world.

I wanted to see a sunrise from our boat.  I do not know why, just something I felt needed to be experienced.  We had not really used the boat much, mostly we were canoeing in the spring.

Fortunately, the morning was a perfect calm and the temp was about 67F which is exactly what is needed.  All you needed was a light jacket and the camera (and snacks and water in the event the boat has a problem!).  Some of the photos are a little blurred because even though the water looks calm, that boat was moving.

Below are a few of the photos I took.  Enjoy and, WOW, breathe in that fresh cool air!





The songbirds were in full throttle even through the quiet of the morning.  All of our neighbors were still quiet and in bed.  We headed out of our part of the creek and past the buoy in the main channel and under the big bridge.  Then we curved around the point of land and were hurrying a bit to beat that sun coming up over the horizon.  Just one crabbing boat was out and his plunketa-plunketa diesel echoed over the water in the distance.





We headed to the signal post just offshore.  One of the big tanker ships was heading into the fuel depot which is up the coast.  It was moving very slowly and looked like a floating island on the horizon since it was so large.


We had disturbed the seagulls when we approached that signal post that is offshore from the military base, and their cries were noisy.  They settled back down as we made it around the rocky shoal.


The area is a favorite for fishermen and fisherwomen as there is a small current that rushes around that shoal.  Above is a husband mansplaining how to fish to his partner.


I was able to get some good photos of seabirds and will share some in another post as the lighting was perfect.  It was a lovely morning.  Now I think your coffee cup needs refilling.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, an adventure to remember, and do again

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely morning. Definitely worth getting up at 5 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful, and so worth getting up before the crack of dawn to experience this restorative adventure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos; the light certainly makes the mood. It's been too long since I've been out on the water at the crack of dawn. I will put the arm on my son to take me soon. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light is beautiful in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a very nice morning and got some very good sunrise photos. I should get my butt out of bed early and get some morning shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. You might get addicted. 😀
    I haven’t done much morning photography for awhile. The photos look good, but I can believe that it was a challenge in a moving vessel..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you just have to get up and watch the sun rise, and this is why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I like these momemts. Hugs friend.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.