Monday, September 25, 2023

Autumnal Equinox

Our autumnal equinox was September 23.  I was busy with my grandchildren's visit and the tropical storm and missed it.  I should have lifted a cup of tea to its arrival.  After all, it starts my favorite season.  Rainy and misty and cool and sometimes cold.  No wonder I love those British mysteries out in the middle of nowhere.  Costumes always include a raincoat or an umbrella.




My trees do not worry about costumes.  They usually strip naked for autumn.  They like the cold winter wind slicing against their branches and the freezing showers that wash their bark clean.  What is left is dark arms reaching to the gray sky in a pose like at the end of an exceptional dance.



Number 1,2 and 4 are from my black gum which turns early in the season.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely autumnal post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:34 PM

      Thanks. Your garden is exceptional in autumn.

      Delete
  2. Referencing British Mysteries, Sue want to move to Shetland because they always seem to be wearing sweaters, and she is always so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:02 PM

      Let me know....I will visit.

      Delete
  3. if we get an early dip down to frost we'll get some color on some trees but usually the trees have already shed before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:03 PM

      Yes, I remember the quiet falls in Texas.

      Delete
  4. We have no autumn colour yet this year. You are starting off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.