Monday, December 06, 2010

Fall Romance



The fall has passed and I cannot complain because it lasted longer than I had ever hoped and it was lovelier in just my back yard than I can remember in a long time. There was no need to travel to the cooler mountains this year for the glory festival of colorful leaf flags.  Even the roasty browns that are left behind are lovely and warm like sable wraps.


I discovered by close observation that there also was a little romance between the grasses and the shrubs down by the river it seems, and it looks like some one got some bling before the snows arrived or the gift giving got formal!


I heart this.


19 comments:

Eric Alder said...

I love finding those little hidden moments in nature. Nice pics, Tabor!

Brian Miller said...

what a cool little find...ours is def over with the snow we got this weekend...on to the bitter cold winter...

One Woman's Journey said...

Oh my - lucky you to find this.
Such a treasure :)

Celia said...

What a find, you have a great gift for observing what is about you.

Keats The Sunshine Girl said...

How naturally it fits!

slommler said...

I love it too!! Fall was amazing! We are still having it! Yeah!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I love Fall too---and cannot believe that it's OVER.. It seemed to pass by so fast this year. Today we are getting snow here in TN... Your photos are a nice change to our cold, bitter weather...
Hugs,
Betsy

Deborah Carr said...

Oh, the romantic things that happen in the bushes...

Pauline said...

to even notice that little ring speaks well for your powers of observation!

Mountain Mama said...

Your grass and shrub romance picture is just precious. I love it!!!

Dave King said...

Agreed: it was one of the best falls I can recall. Your superb images do much to preserve it though.

Maggie said...

Lovely, lovely.

deb said...

I love how you see!
I heart that too, Tabor.

Chris said...

".....brown for lust....." J. P. Donlevy in "The Ginger Man"

Hilary said...

That's wonderful.. a treasure.

Out on the prairie said...

Very beautiful shots,I liked the ring around the cat tail or plant as well.

Lori said...

Beautiful captures and like you cannot complain as we had a lovely long fall as well...now that the snow has fallen I miss the beautiful colors of fall but am enjoying the beauty that the white stuff brings as well. Congrats on POTW at Hilarys!

Kerri said...

Wonderful find! Lucky you :)

Travel Nurse Extraordinaire said...

Sometimes nature has the best surprises!