Monday, December 19, 2016

Seems Like Just Yesterday

The air smelled dusty,
a pungent herby fragrance
that rides in with late October sunshine
and placed a soft kiss against my cheek.



A breeze tickles the saltbush seeds
and like whispers some lift away
their feathery arms extended wide
with gay abandon onto the next adventure.



The seeds tickle my face as they twirl
down to the edge of the river
to collect like early snow
riding the water's edge
to their new home.
Procrastinating leaves rattle with autumnal 
sounds fighting the breeze.




I also linger just a while longer
and play peek-a-boo with the 
waning warmth of the setting sun.

4 comments:

  1. You've brought an autumn day to life! My blog roll feed no longer tells me when you publish, so i'll have to go back to checking every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a drop off in readers and for some reason (perhaps my fault in changing settings) I cannot get them back! Can you reset your blogroll and tell me if that works for both my blogs as I post new stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy solstice.
    Blogrolls: I put mine up in one of those things next to my blog. It's always current.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great feeling of appreciation is felt in your work- Thanks!

    Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.