Sunday, May 20, 2018

Slip, Slidin, Away.

Mother Nature has been weeping for days now. We have had an average of 2.5 inches of rain every single day for three days. Absolutely no sun was seen until today. The good part is that there were no winds and only a little lightning at the very beginning.


This is the time of year when the early summer flowers are coming forth with their newest colors and blooms...!





But they cannot stand up to such heavy downpours over days.


I ran out with an umbrella to try to catch a little of my rhododendron which blooms such a short time and beside the house where I cannot see easily, and found that even the bumblers had ventured forth on the third day in the rain!


I felt that his mission was probably more important than mine as I wended my way across the spongy lawn and back inside to binge watch some Royal Wedding TV and some Vera detective work in the rainy weather of Northern England.

We are still here in the mid-Atlantic and did not slide away thank goodness.


5 comments:

  1. Time for the sun for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOt much sun this week in Jersey either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get some dry weather soon.

    And my children and their sense of humor -- i think Jesus, as everone in his day in that part of the world, mostly drank wine, it was a comment on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received two lovely blooming plants for Mother's Day. We had terrible thunderstorms this weekend and I'm not sure if my poor drooping plants will bounce back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm beautiful sunny weather in Northern England, plants are growing by leaps and bounds.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.