Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Sproing!!

Is it too early for spring? We have gotten freezes and snows into mid-April. But today I took a walk out in my front yard and this is what I saw:


I do not have a lawn as an environmental statement and as a lazy statement.


No, these cannot compete with the bluebonnets of Texas. But they are my little bonnets of blue close to the ground. And they attracted this fellow...the FIRST of the season on March 13!!


I think its common name is the Eastern Comma. My February Lenton Roses are still bringing forth lots of spring beauty in competition.




If you look closely at the photo above you will see the sapsucker holes in a neat row in my young sugar maple.

8 comments:

  1. Great to see the development of your flowers. I haven't even got a dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are those pretty little blue things? and I love the lenten roses. I'll have to see if they will do here. spring. when it's ready it does sproing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a speedwell--one of the Veronicas and usually considered a weed here.

      Delete
  3. Spring is well underway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty little blue Veronica. Such a sweet weed.
    And, oh, that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no choice about the lawn, i think i would enjoy what you have better. Hope you get lots of butterflies and bees this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely wonderful flowers. Did you read Kay's post this morning. She is having a blessing of December flowers in March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you with the lucky Blue Bonnets! Still awaiting here, but at least not freezing today.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.