Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Little Things

It is the little things that are so easy to miss. In the noisy rush of life, we tend to scan the horizon and listen for the demanding and warning sounds and forget to stop and rest our eyes on what is right in front of us before our footsteps, small but perfect, quiet but significant, fragile and oh so temporary in the brief respite that is spring.


These daffy-down-dillies above are about nickel size.


This hybrid speedwell snuck itself into a pot of some other annual I was buying many years ago, and I nurtured it and put it into one of my flower beds, where each year it gently spreads and rewards me with these lovely flowers.


These exotic flower stalks may be from my Heuchera.  I have to wait and see what those small leaves look like.

14 comments:

  1. Spring is bursting out in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing my daffodils and the Iris are starting up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like is good when you always have something to look forward to, like a flower bloom, or favorite birds returning to their nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to find some of that speedwell but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/genus/Veronica.html

      Delete
  5. Spring has sprung, beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the small things are significant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small, quiet, beautiful things do make us stop and remember to see the world with wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Early spring blooms and budding things, so fleeting, but all the more sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely spring blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been enjoying south facing hillsides covered with Yellow mustard. Daisies that used to be everywhere now are restrained by the influx of humans. But orange poppies do seem to be everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you can go and take photos I will be greatly pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing but snowdrops in bloom here yet so I will feast my eyes on your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do always like to see the spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.