Tuesday, March 31, 2020

From My (Tu)lips to Yours

Just a few square feet on my back deck has become a paradise. I buy the bulbs on sale in the early winter from the big box store and then take about twenty minutes to plant them in good potting soil on the back deck. It is not much, but a terrific reward when I sit in my living room or when I wander out to the deck or crawl around on the deck for a better angle to capture them more permanently with my camera after the gray and brown winter. (That is my kaffir lime tree braced against the winds in the back.)



They are beautiful even in the gentle spring rains.



They are fun to digitally "Paint."



And they make a nice foreground to our spring sunsets when I am in a more flexible get down mood.


Hope this has brightned your day a bit.

14 comments:

  1. So lovely. It does brighten my day and gave me new plans for my planting next year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. And you have a view of water? What a great series, and thank you for crawling about to get the angles. These are keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tulips at sunset are beautiful. They all are, but the sunset photo is a wonderful break from the usual daylight photos.
    Container tulips are now on my fall list. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO beautiful!! I'll be thinking container tulips too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mom and Dad lived on Trippes Creek. The road leading to a side exit to their home was about a 1/2 mile long driveway to the original mansion. It was lined with about a million daffodils and when they bloomed around this time of the year it made a magnificent bike ride out to the mail box. Your tulips remind me of those daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed they did Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and you gave me an idea.
    I will do this on my deck in the Fall.
    When I planted Tulips in the ground surrounding home
    in the past, the squirrels would eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may need to cover them with a screen or pebbles...remember that!

      Delete
  8. Hey , I like tulips. they are very colorful and lively. I'm cheered . thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tulips are one of the glories of spring. Your sunset colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:53 PM

    Beautiful! Thanks for that...brightened my day. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you. they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just like a breath of fresh spring breezes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.