Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Putting off work

Tonight we are having mussels that have come from Canada. We eat a lot more seafood these days. The fresh spring leeks in the woods will be cut to go into the coconut broth.


Before I cut them I check out the vernal pond on the land between my new neighbors and me just ahead and see that the frogs have started to lay their eggs in true spring form.


The red in the pond photo above is from the maple trees that are blooming overhead.

The birds are singing out territorial and mating songs as a multi-orchestra chorus. The air is cool but the warm sun on my back makes me smile and briefly forget that I have to go weed.

10 comments:

  1. Coconut broth? What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a can of coconut milk, not the sweet version. You can also just used coconut oil to saute garlic, onions, other herbs and use milk and/or white wine to make the broth to steam the mussels.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos and thoughts as spring brings new life in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have bird's songs while you have to weed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, bird song and frogs and weeds. I think the chives must be up in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images, it is springtime. Frogsprawn and the chattering of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring has sprung! Lucky you! Love these sights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not hearing any frogs at night yet. and my maple tree has leafed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely time is spring. Yes, lots of weeding to do.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.