Friday, April 16, 2021

Enough About the Damn Coughing

I am still having cough spasms every 1.2 hours to every 2 hours throughout the day and night.  I have followed the most recent therapy (now Silent Acid Reflux) taking the meds and giving up acid foods, etc.  I am eating small meals, bought a wedge pillow (which is the MOST uncomfortable thing ever if you are a side sleeper.)  I push ahead doing projects outside, going to stores, and talking on the phone while being interrupted by my intense cough every single time.  Driving requires my careful attention to avoid any dangers while coughing my head off. OK...not going to write any more about it.  But NOTHING is working and I  am fighting depression because COVID is ending isolation for all, except me!

My laptop starting getting funny and shutting down intermittently.  I took it to the technician and they put in a totally new OS, neglecting to tell me that EVERYTHING on my computer that was personalized would have to be done over again.  Logins, finding old bookmarks (?) and adjusting how I have personalized browsers and laptop settings.   Thankfully, I found Blogger and was able to log in and continue here as if nothing had happened!  One of the reasons I took it in was to fix the in-computer camera which they said they did.  Hubby picked up the laptop for me but did not ask them to show him the camera was working.  My family has been waiting for a Zoom meeting and the camera is STILL not working.  I cannot get help.  The call goes into a long phone tree and then I wait for 24 hours and they say they will call back to work remotely and that did not happen yesterday while I waited 4 hours!

I have not been to the dentist for almost two years for a cleaning...the cough, of course.

I need to finally make an appointment for an eye exam, but I am putting that off because I have been on so many meds, I am afraid they might impact the results I get for a new prescription.

My SIL is visiting her son in the city and I am now wondering how we will get together.  She does not have a car and wants to meet up! 

The only good thing about all of this is that the meds have subdued my appetite and I am eating less.  Maybe I will lose weight?

Enough about the damn coughing.  Here is a vole that was left on my driveway by someone or something this past week  (probably the feral cat that roams about trying to win me over)...maybe they know something I do not?




14 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure that is a shrew not a vole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, our cat is hell on the little voles here. haven't seen any so far this spring but she killed 5 or 6 last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how awful coughing is...I have bronchiectasis...a condition I will have the rest of my life, and I'm trying to teach my family and friends that "coughing is good" because it's the only way to get mucous out of my lungs. It's sure no fun, and I do hope your condition will respond to various treatments. In the meantime, please know that you are a worthy person, even with a cough. You are going through a bad time, and it may get better soon. I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coughing is very tiring, and tedious, too. I hope you get a cure soon.

    Whatever that little creature is, it's a gift from a cat who likes you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years back I had a persistent dry cough. Tried everything, doctor had no idea. I finally asked him after some research of my own, "Could this be Whooping Cough" apparently the vaccine does not work forever. He said that it could be, and if it was it would last 100 days. Almost exactly 100 days from when it began it was over so I am assuming it was WC or pertussis. I wouldn't wish it on anyone except at least it does end. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma has such a cough, has for years, and no doctor has been able to tell her why. My hope is your treatments will work soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accupunture? Is that possible for you cough? Interent search...clicked on, behindthecough dot com. A Pop up tells me the website is meant for professionals. Dare I read. Bookmarked it. It can be amazing what you can learn reading on the Internet.
    Something is doing something/cough that shouldn't. A doctor should know what that something is. It's not like you are the only person in the world with a persistant cough. There has to be information out there a doctor can read. Prayers continue, and now for the doctor(s) to know what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be exhausted from that coughing. I hope you get relief soon as it is affecting every aspect of your life now.

    It’s a wonder the crows didn’t discover that vole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Except for the cough, I seem to be in a similar position as you. I had acid reflux last evening, so I opted to sleep in my chair. Even though it reclines, it keeps my upper body more raised than the bed and helps reduce the reflux. I slept fairly well but then had intestinal cramps this morning. Sigh. Also like you, I haven't been to the dentist for two years and the optometrist for almost as long. We are being hit hard in the third wave sending the province into a very strict lockdown. With our slower vaccine rollout, it is going to take us awhile to get out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sit up at night and don't cough. I sleep well at last....all night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. I know you need answers. I hope something works soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very, very concerned about your cough. Could it be caused by dry mouth? If so, GC Dry Mouth Gel is perfect to keep your mouth lubricated and is not like a cough drop. It has no sugar and just one squeeze rubbed over your teeth soothes your entire mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like annoying times right now and know your cough must really be frustrating plus the computer/camera situation. Hope you can get these things resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Sometimes a cough is side effect of high blood pressure rx. Happened to aunt and father in law

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.