Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Not ANOTHER sunset!

I spend a good amount of dinner time running between our dock and the kitchen these days.  The burner gets turned to low and I slip into my outdoor shoes.  Thus far the neighbors have not called the "Whitecoats" to take me away and this is indeed surprising in this day and age where everyone seems to have a complaint against what people do in their own yards.  Although with me, there are signs of addiction!

The sun is very cooperative in moving from the northwest to the southwest and we get to see about 70% of it!   Those taken from the dock area are free of obstacles except for the far peninsula in the distance.


I check the folder labeled Sunsets 2021...10 months in and I have 1,146 files!  Do I delete and evaluate?  I do!  Guess I have to do even more.  But if I take photos 20 days a month and save just 3 each time...I still have 720 photos for the year.  It is an addiction.  I will get on it and delete half of those from the folder before I back it up!

Last Monday we had a beauty and it was very nice straight out of the camera.  


I usually shoot aperture priority and am challenged as I forget to change my other settings as needed.


This means the photos can be dark, which to me is better than overexposed.



But with software, it is easier to improve the exposure.




Sometimes it becomes a matter of taste.  I can guarantee that sunset photos are the most over-posted on social media.  But we love them.







19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful addiction though! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comprehensive approach to engaging with Nature one's joy in life takes dedication. The volume of your sunset photographs is a statement. Treasure them on a memory stick, and a folder of your favorites. Those sunsets are your moments.

    My folders are full of clouds that will never be experienced in their original again They are my moments. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the book title so aptly says "Magnificent Obsession." You have caught images of such fleeting poetic moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no view of the sunset here at home now that the neighbors built giant houses and blocked out my sky, but I do have the same addiction when I am at either of our cabins at Rockaway Beach on the Oregon Coast or Whidbey Island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunsets are so lovely, no two the same, i really enjoy taking photos of them, too. Sunrises as well, but i can't see the sun rise so well from here. On vacation, i overdo the sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots and it's cool that you can make them even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pix thank you for sharing them. Yes, keep all of them on a memory stick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also just FYI, you posted to a defunct blog of mine, and responded to a post I wrote six years ago. I appreciated it, though a little puzzled! Field and Fen is the active one. You're welcome there any time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I knew when I did that, but was too lazy to cut and paste elsewhere.

      Delete
  9. If that's an addiction it's one we would all do well to acquire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky. It is difficult to photograph a good one here as roads tend to run the wrong way and then there are the trees at the sides even when one might, otherwise, get an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love is too small a word. These are flat out stunning stuff. Don't delete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sunset. Winter is our sunset season too as the sun has moved south and not hidden by the next house over. Lately we've been having gorgeous blue sky days and no clouds so no sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sunsets are truly spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent sunsets, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a wonderful view out that window! I'd be gazing out instead of getting my work done!
    បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញ _Baccarat Online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Short Bedtime English Stories is a free app that gathers a lot of free english stories collection, and the interface design is simple. After opening, you can select the storybook you want to read, quickly scan at least more than 30 categories, and there are short stories (Short Stories) ,
    Animal Stories, Classic Stories, Bedtime Stories, Kid Stories, and english stories .

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.