Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fish Dinner


I had gone down to the dock to watch the start of the end of the day when the fish hawk flew in, fish in claw, and landed just a few yards away from me.  I have never had them land when I was there.



The osprey couple appear to be more comfortable using our dock as an interim stopping point.  Here he/she had just caught a very nice shad and was resting before sharing with the mate.  It looks like he/she will be a good provider for the coming fledglings.




I do not know what I did in a former life, but I must have been very, very, very good to be given such lovely sunsets as the cap to this spring day. (Click on photos for a better view.)

11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful sunset...and so cool to watch nature in action...i think he will be a good provder as well. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sure must have been very good, because these are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Yes, you must have been very, very, very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely remarkable sunset - sultry comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful, you must have be VERY good to capture this little piece of Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sunset photo is truly breath-taking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cool. Six years in raptor rehab, and I have still never seen an osprey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. wonderful post. The goodness is in recognizing what you have.. and sharing. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sunset !!! Wow!!! you must have been very good to be able to enjoy such a view -but so deserved when you share it with us too. Best wishes to you for many lovely evenings like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.