Friday, March 23, 2012

Peachy Keen

Perhaps you will remember my trip to the peach orchard about 10 miles from my house and subsequent post.  This farm has at least four large orchards as well as a large strawberry field.  The trees are now blooming two and half weeks early (no evidence of global warming here!) and their beauty was too tempting for me to pass up taking a bunch of photos.  They are self pollinating, so the lack of pollinators at this time of year is not as crucial to this farm's bottom line.  But the scene was so stunning even though the day was cloudy, that I had to share.



And the fact that peaches are one of my favorite fruits...doesn't hurt in my appreciation!

12 comments:

  1. Their beauty takes my breath away!!! I would want to 'live' among them until the blossoms fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are stunning. Thank you so much for posting them. We in Minnesota are hungry for flowers this time of year. I have crocus, violas, and scilla blooming but it is still the tail end of winter here and I live in terror that we will have a real cold spell in mid-April that will kill everything that is peeking out of the ground now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow...i love all the blossoms...and when the wind blows and it rains blossoms...that is serenity to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are terrific photos. Tons of atmosphere. Must have been fragrant, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cherry tree is blossoming. Wish you were here to photograph it for me. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I could just eat those blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!!!!!
    Love the photo capture too!!
    Well done
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blossoms and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We planted a peach tree last year and I look forward to the day when it is showing beautiful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uttara5:28 AM

    beautiful color....simply awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunningly beautiful, Tabor. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh.Oh.Oh. I can imagine what this smells like! I've never seen peach blossoms before.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.