Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Beautiful Fit

It is never enough.
We had kept all the sorrows and pain in our hearts.
It was painful.
You cannot fake a conciliation, you can't.
It will be a long journey.
Another day you will remember another story.
I'm not going anywhere.
He's not going anywhere.
We have to make this work.

(Above are various quotes from the people talking on a news program reporting on Rwanda trying to heal.)

(And then this news was followed with Maya Angelou' reading her inaugural poem and I felt the words below fit the above so well.)

"But today, the Rock cries out to us, clearly, forcefully,
Come, you may stand upon my
Back and face your distant destiny,
But seek no haven in my shadow.
I will give you no more hiding place down here."



6 comments:

  1. maya's passing today was hard...she was an early influence on me along with nikki giovanni

    conciliation can not be rushed...that is for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed. She will be so sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to make an effort to find some of her poems and go for a visit. Nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loss hurts and takes time to heal. Loss of a person, loss of direction in your nation, any loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I was shocked when I read Maya Angelou had died. For some reason I thought she would go on forever but nothing seems to go on forever. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long live the memory of Maya Angelou, a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.