Saturday, May 24, 2014

No, You Cannot

You cannot catch the pink flush of sunrise hiding in bed.
You cannot feel the raindrops while stacking the dishwasher.
You cannot smell the roses while running to the car.
You cannot prop the iris while talking on your cell phone.
You cannot watch the prothontary flit from branch to branch
        while checking your watch.
You cannot hear the angry "thuft" of the blue bird wing while
         there is still noise in your head.
You cannot admire the osprey while looking to the ground.
You cannot see the grazing deer while reading a map.
You cannot hear the fall of the tree while maintaining your anger.
You cannot enjoy the sigh of a spring sunset
          while watching the clamor of the news.

No, you cannot.

17 comments:

  1. My sister and my daughter both come to my home and have to have the television news with their cup of coffee first thing in the morning then they will keep it running all day long. I never turn on the news or weather and rarely even turn on the television at all until evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how we shut ourselves off from some of the best things. I will get outside today in this lovely weather, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, much of it depends on our initiative and our willingness to be alive and active...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are so divorced from our natural environment that it has driven the human race insane. how else to account for all the lack of compassion and obsessions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent post, Tabor. All so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to slow way down, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good list of what to do and what not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being informed is important. So is being in tune with your natural surroundings. The good thing is we can do both if we make the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed just this today as I stew in my grumpy juice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, never, or can it be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing but truth spoken here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just took a big deep breath and released as I read this. The words themselves made me relax. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so very true. As a matter of fact, when we were doing the lantern floating, my husband said I needed to put down my camera to truly be in the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.