Tuesday, May 13, 2014

No, and Yes!!

I am taking a 'spring break' this morning for one hour to post this post.  Then I am off again for the last push of the season on duties before summer arrives this week like that sweaty eager boy from basketball practice and I wonder regretfully why I let another spring get away from me.

I miss most being able to take time to breathe and smell and smile.  Those of you who have slow days with time to let thoughts tumble like die until they rest and you rest, I am envious.  My days such as these are just around the corner...just out of sight...just must learn to say "No."

Below are three of my columbine volunteers.  It seems the columbine have volunteered everywhere this year, including in beds where I do not remember planting them.  I think I was told they cross pollinate before they revert to type, but that does not seem to be happening with any truth in my yard this year, as I have a large variety.  I must have purchased a bag of crazy seeds years ago!



 
They just glow in the late afternoon sun.

12 comments:

  1. hey i will take columbine volunteers any day...smiles....err, summer like a sweaty boy....well i will have sweaty boys for sure...and not sure i want to stop and smell that rose...as much as send it to the shower...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no success growing columbines, even the ones that are native to here. And I know what you mean about too many must do things and no just me time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like busy with some breaks. I really don't want my thoughts tumbling around in my head all that much.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Crazy busy can only go on for so long, i hope you get the break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're thinking you will slow down and have more time in retirement, I've got news for you. Retirement is busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take time to stop and smell the columbine -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I hope you get time to stop and enjoy the beauty of the season.
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lucky for the pretty freebies- Never tried those yet-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful the smell, and all shots of them. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:38 AM

    Wow - those columbines are gorgeous!

    Take the time to breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the feeling! Heavy rains today are giving me pause time, though heaven knows the house could use a good scrubbing. Instead, I shall claim some me time and just sit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have had very interesting columbine from self seeding in our yard too. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.