Tuesday, October 04, 2016

After Storm

We are awaiting another hurricane.  The odds are in our favor that it will at least push by us if not resulting in a complete smash-up.  We have a really busy weekend and will be out of town on Sunday through the next week.  We just finished about 3 days of gray skies and rain leaving behind almost 5 inches of water.  The plants are loving it as are the mushrooms.



So I walked out into the squishy moss and over the spongey grass and took some photos.


This is the time of year that the grand oaks throw down their nuts for the deer and squirrels as fall closes in.


And I stepped back to get better focus I almost stepped on this little lady.  She also was coming out after the storm had ended.

10 comments:

  1. Are you in Florida? we may get some of the effects from Hurricane Mathew here in MD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you watched your step, her shell already looks cracked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely turtle! Hope she has herself a good place to hole up during bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are relieved to be enjoying sunny skies now in northern Mass. Hope to be flying back home before Matthew gets here.
    Love your after-the-rain photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five inches of rain in one day? We don't get much more than that in a whole year. Our subsoil is clay and the land is flat. I hope the storm goes by you and that you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the hurricane bypasses you entirely, Tabor, and I LOVE your box turtle - we do not have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you know the gender of a turtle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the turtle. I haven't seen a box turtle since I was a kid. I hope the storm misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry. I'm just surfacing after a bug...or on the edge of the bug. I was hoping you two, and gardens, would be well with this incoming hurricane. I have several friends in Florida, and right now time is so marginal there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thoroughly enjoyed the previous blog insect photos and these creatures. Surely wish Southern California could have some of your rain. Hope hurricane not a concern for you.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.