Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Squish Squash or Splish Slash

With the total of over 8 inches of rains in three days one would think butterflies do not get thirsty, but here is one at the bird bath filling up in the early morning.
This time of year I become more prejudice because as we approach August some of the butterflies are tattered and torn and I get selective on only photographing those in perfect and beautiful symmetry.
Some of which are seen through various digital filters and others only sharpened a bit.
This is the time of year for dating. They manage to do that without an App. Amazing! Others are still lonely hearts.
And others just beg to be painted!!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Wonderful work in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent photos. I've only seen a few butterflies this year so I don't know what's up with that as last year there were so many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either we do not have such a variety, or I just am not looking. Probably the latter, I think I will keep my eyes open a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos
    When it storms I think of where butterflies are sheltering. Battered wings tell a story. It's wonderful to see them unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely, and eight inches in three days is a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome butterfly photos. They are incredibly beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! Like the painting! Glad all the butterflies didn't get washed away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those butterflies must have had to do more than duck their heads under their wings, the poor things. That's a LOT of rain, and still you have an abundance of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes. Paint that last photo. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pink butterfly on the pink blossom :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy your ability to photograph butterflies. I have tried but never can catch one holding still.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.