Saturday, November 11, 2023

Red and Gold and Bronze

We had been told when up in the northern part of our state that fall would not be so glorious, perhaps, due to the drought we have had this year. So I did not get my hopes up when I headed back home. But Nature was not to be ignored and below are a few of the pictures just from the woods in my yard. I did not add color except where I had not brought down the aperture for the bright sun.

I truly hate that this lasted but two weeks.  Yesterday was cold and gray and today is not much better with a light drizzle.

9 comments:

  1. we had an early frost and the pecan trees have turned yellow, some anyway. your woods are lovely even if for such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vibrant colors despite the drought

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had two weeks of the weather you describe. I am really missing the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Eastern Washington colorful leafy fall was abbreviated much the same as yours. Little rain. Many of the trees had leaves that just dried up and fell. Pretty while it lasted though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning colours of autumn, cheers Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very late fall here, and much as Celia said, some trees were already bare, so we had sides of mountains with puffs of color in the puffs of grey - the way tree tops look from a distance. Cold and grey today here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In northwestern Washington Sate we also expected to just go brown, Nature shouted out "No so!" The colors here are more brilliant than ever! But they are going fast now as wind and rain have set in here too. I want them to linger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was much cloud and rain during our colour season this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Ah but even two weeks of that glorious color is wonderful! It was the same here - mostly browns and bright yellows until the week of peak and then oh my! the reds burst and every hillside was gorgeous. And then - brown and yellow. All that's left now are the tawny oaks and the evergreens but still, they're beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.