Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Metaphor

Two weeks ago on an early morning with camera in hand, I went out to look at the fog which hung between the trees. I raised the camera to see if I could capture the mysterious mist and feeling of the early day. I had not reset the camera and my flash went off against the fog. Each drop of moisture reflected the light back into the lens of the camera hiding the trees in the near distance. All I got was these large drops of water that hung in the air. It is an interesting photo but reminded me that if we don't step back but instead peer too closely and intensely at something trying to analyze it, we don't see the forest for the 'trees' or whatever is in front the trees.

2 comments:

  1. Your entry is making me have some deep thoughts this early morning.
    Oh, good luck on your tree removal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trees in the mist.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.