Thursday, August 23, 2018

Crazy Climate Quilt

There are fires and hot weather out West and this has been the situation for months in that region. There is a rare and strong hurricane headed toward the Hawaiian Islands after the slowing down of the volcano. 

Our summer months here in the mid-East have been unusually mild and even unusually wet for the end of summer. This morning, the second to the last week of August, we have been greeted by a sunny and nicely cool morning with just a hint of fall! 

My garden is also confused. I regularly pinch my mums back in July so they will sublimate their efforts to bloom until September and share their glory when much of the garden is going to rest. This year one-third of the plants had some buds already in July. Now one-third of many of my mum plants are blooming and another one-fifth of the plant has faded brown blossoms. What a crazy climate we now have!


7 comments:

  1. This is a topic where i choose my words very carefully.

    My take on the whole matter is that The Almighty’s first command was that we take care of the garden. We are doing a lousy job, whether you think climate change is real or not. We need cleaner sources of energy, we need to quit polluting and “fouling our nest” and we need to do it now before we ruin our beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mums I was given in May stopped blooming weeks ago. You are lucky to have some! Yep the storm "Lane" is scary for the island folks! Time to get off the boat-houses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had almost three weeks of heat advisories here. This is unheard of in eastern Canada. I fear we are on a path of no return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy. we have leaves turning color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything is confused. I have daylilies putting up new bloom scapes...in mid August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many trees and shrubs are dead or dying in yards where they have not been watered. Our water bill was very high. But no real rain is in sight, even though the temps will moderate. and smoke still clouds the air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The climate change deniers will deny all this is happening I guess....

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.