Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Early November

The days are crisp but only sweater weather. Jack Frost is to visit this weekend if not earlier. I spent the morning gathering kindling from a pile of fallen branches that I created months ago out by the stacked firewood.  I broke them into smaller pieces and put in cardboard boxes which I carried to the garage.  I could hear a hawk high in the sky behind me calling with glee as I snapped each branch. Later in the afternoon, I heard a ruckus of geese as they flew into the mouth of the river on the other side of the house.


And the oak trees are beginning to put on ruby jewels before they send their leaves into the air.

7 comments:

  1. Oak trees have been exceptional red
    this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reds here. Beige clutter instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oak leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very pleasant fall weather. we missed the pleasant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. only once in a blue moon do we have a dip in temperature that will turn the leaves colorful. mostly they just turn brown and drift down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your oaks have wonderful red leaves, the English oaks don't, although they are still my favourite trees of all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our oaks do not turn such colors, it sounds like you are having a lovely autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.