Saturday, November 09, 2019

Look Around

The sun has moved far to the left as fall arrives. I can follow the seasons by watching where it sets. Now it sets behind a different set of trees that are on the other side of our little finger of the river. It sets early enough that I can hurry down with my camera and see if the clouds are good for a sunset photo. (Yes, I have thousands!) I just have to be sure to dress warmly so that I do not shake! I caught this one below a few nights ago.



I was so focused on the sunset that it was not until I turned back toward the dock I noticed a perfectly glowing fall photo of the shoreline. I must learn to be more observant.

12 comments:

  1. Both great photos. Yes, I often have to remind myself to turn around and look at the view behind me. The path always draws me forward, but there is need for a look backward too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our view really changed with fall and daylight savings. The sun is now shining into my computer room. The room is bright and cheery .... but oh the dust that I now see. :(

    Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,yes, new dust revealed with afternoon sun...happens everywhere.

      Delete
  3. We live in a boring Town Home community, but about two days of the year in November, the morning sun shines through a cherry red leafed Maple and makes our kitchen floor glow! Nothing to rival your river, but beauty is all around us if we pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,JOeh, you have figured out the secret to life.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. The sunset glow this year I think has been better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the second photo is much better. sometimes what we aren't looking at is better. the sun here in the summer sets behind my neighbor's house so winter, when it sets in an open field is much better for sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the secodn, but I am priviledged to get so many beautiful sunsets.

      Delete
  6. You live in a little part of heaven there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The length of the days is changing quickly so the light changes as well. Nice reflection though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunset images Tabor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We only see what's in front, so we do have to be deliberate and turn around sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.