Monday, April 13, 2009


Look how nice this speedwell is doing! It was a hitch hiker on another potted plant that I purchased two years ago. I cannot remember what the original plant was, although I know it was an annual because it did not make it through the winter. I noticed the beauty of this one early the next spring in a pot on my deck struggling to free itself from under the gray and dead remains of the annual that I had purchased. The flower was so interesting and delicate that I moved it to one of my flower beds last fall. Now it happily grows and spreads and shares space with my blooming daffodils. Like my blue-eyed grass, it is not much to look at the rest of the year. But sometimes spring beauty is worth the wait.

4 comments:

  1. what a lucky duck you were to get this beauty free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is worth the wait. I am going to put in some speedwell - it can just fill space the rest of the year - but your photo is enough to encourage me to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you had this second blog. What tasty pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.