Thursday, April 09, 2009

Watching and Waiting

After days of gray clouds filled with sustaining spring rains followed by cold winds bullying their way under turtlenecks and into coat sleeves, it was nice to finally get a blood red sunset over water with a calm glass surface. The front had passed and there was a promise of warmer and sunnier days to follow. The gardener in me was dancing on anticipatory tippy toes (at least in my mind). I almost turned away from the beautiful "Good night" above when something caught my eye.


The young osprey couple were perched on two snags on our side overlooking the river and probably thinking about raising their family. I did not see them building a nest in the crane as they had done last year. They have found a new spot. Not sure where, but if we do not discover it before the trees open their green coats, we will probably not find it at all.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely images. And ospreys, they were almost extinct here, what a privilege.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! My favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photography has been extraordinary lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking photos, as usual. No wonder I love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Serendipity!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.