Thursday, February 11, 2010

Exhausted


Most of the prior posts were written before the three, no four, five actually six snowstorms  since we are due 15 inches more today as I write this!  I have shoveled sidewalks and driveways in the city and come back to a nightmare of snow on top of  4 inches of well packed snow on top of 6 inches of hard ice.  Exhausted!!!  Not one, or two but three trees across the long snow covered driveway to the house.



Heading to Florida this week and will contend with their brown foliage, torrential rainstorms and tornadoes.  Bring it on!  I will drag my luggage  across this 400 feet driveway of deep snow over and under fallen trees to my car at the end and not look back.  I will drag it all the way to a warm beach and not look back if I have to.


I will leave you with a few pre-written and later scheduled posts while I am trying to brown this white snow tan.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect time to go to Florida, Tabor. Enjoy your trip--and relax and feel better. The snow/ice/winds/blizzards are more than most anyone can 'take' this year. Florida is the perfect place to go right now.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! It should be perfect in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad for you. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished writing a comment on someone's blog about how I'd written a comment on someone's blog about Florida earlier today, and in between those two comments I complained to my boyfriend that I really need to be in Florida. There really is no better cure for the wintertime blues. You have a wonderful, wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good trip! Hope you come back to melt and green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's crazy, isn't it? Warm Florida sunshine would be heavenly for sore muscles from all this shovelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Go Girl!
    Wish I could. :)
    sign...Seen enough snow, too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy Florida. I hope winter doesn't find you down there.

    If winter asks for you I'll tell it you headed North!

    "She went thataway! Honest."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tabor-

    Your description of the snow and shoveling sounds just exactly like home. I may transfer your words to one of my snow photos and save myself some writing...
    ;~)

    I hope you had a blast in Florida!
    I could use a little tanning myself.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.