Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Hell I Can!




There was an abundance of Pelicans in Florida during my last visit. The bait fish were also abundant swimming in balls of motion close to the sea walls. These large and awkward looking birds spent the entire afternoon diving clumsily into the water and filling their mouths with scoops of little fish. It was not unusual to see small collisions when three birds decided to dive into the same small area as in the third photo above. They are the air-clowns of the tropics.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    I adore Pelicans, absolutely fascinated by them. When i lived on the Gold Coast in Aust (like Florida) there were large flocks of them...they are sooooo BIG!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.